Graphic Design 101
In Graphic Design 101, you will establish a professional eye for critically viewing graphic design pieces. Within this scope, you will develop a solid foundation of understanding to help create your own, assorted visual works. This course familiarizes and defines terms used widely in the industry, relating them to modern applications. By providing a historical background in conjunction with critical analysis of the graphic arts, you will vastly improve your eye and judgment.
Upon Completion of this Course, you will have learned the following:
• Define graphic design and understand its application.
• Recognize the proper use of typography.
• Understand the properties and meaning behind color.
• Properly configure a graphic layout.
• Differentiate between assorted types of color models.
• Survey and input different design styles and techniques.
• Understand the printing process.
• Using computer graphics software programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
One-on-one, private lesson.
9 weeks, 1 hour per week.
Ongoing, start at any time.