Audio Recording 102
In Audio Recording 102, you will learn the concepts used for producing professional quality tracks and how to accurately capture the sounds you are recording. This course focuses specifically on the electric and acoustic guitar, bass, drums, keyboards and voice. Each lesson contains an instrumental overview and includes techniques on mic selection and placement. Students will learn and discuss the aesthetic considerations typical of different genres.
Upon Completion of this Course, you will have learned the following:
• Record the electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, drums and vocals.
• Use proper microphone selection and placement.
• Understand when and why to use a DI.
• Use mono and stereo mic techniques.
• Avoid phasing issues.
• Create a proper monitoring environment for the talent.
• Minimize unwanted noise.
• Establish good room placement.
One-on-one, private lesson.
9 weeks, 1 hour per week.
Ongoing, start at any time.